Who we are
MYSAVVYTUTOR PTE. LTD (Company No. 202001393R) a company registered in Singapore with its registered office at 350 Orchard Road, #15-08/10 Shaw House, Singapore 238868 (“us
”, or “our
”) is committed to protecting the privacy, confidentiality and security of the personal data which we hold.
Our privacy principles
We will at all times only collect and process your personal data in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation. To preserve the confidentiality of your personal data provided to us, we maintain the following data privacy principles:
The information we collect about you
- We only collect personal data that we believe to be relevant and required to manage your registered account with us, process your requests with us and conduct our business.
- We aim to keep your personal data on our record accurate and up-to-date.
- We maintain appropriate security systems designated to prevent unauthorised access to your personal data.
While using our Platform, you may be asked or required to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to the following:
- correspondence address, email address, phone numbers of other contact details;
- information for verification of identity;
- details of the use of any services you use through the Platform; and
- credit or debit card details.
Like many website operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Platform. This may include information such as your computer’s internet protocol address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Platform that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. Finally, we may receive information about you from third parties (such as credit card payment processing companies) who are legally entitled to disclose that information.
When information is collected
We collect, store and use certain personal data from you when you register on our Platform, use our Platform and services, make a purchase, subscribe to newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, provide us with feedback on our services, fill out a form, use live chat or enter information on our Platform. You are under no obligation to provide personal data to us. However, if you choose not to provide such personal data to us, we may not be able to provide you with our services.
Purpose for which information is collected and used
By using the Platform, purchasing or providing any services through the Platform, you agree that your information may be used by us and by carefully selected third parties chosen by us for any of the following purposes:
- to enable you to log in to our Platform;
- to verify your identity;
- to respond to your queries;
- to provide you with a personalised browsing experience when using the Platform;
- to fulfil any contractual agreements between you and us including but not limited to (for example, when you request for services through the Platform);
- to facilitate and administer the services enrolled by you, including but not limited to providing you with learning or educational material;
- to contact you when there is a problem with your account;
- to send you details (including by post, phone, fax, e-mail or SMS) of other services and promotions which we think may interest you, unless you inform us in writing that you do not want to receive these details;
- to conduct market research and surveys to enable us to understand and determine customer location, preferences and demographics to develop special offers and marketing programmes;
- to compile statistics on how visitors and users browse our Platform. Such statistics are collected for the purpose of managing and improving the design of our Platform;
- to improve our Platform in order to better serve you;
- to administer a contest, promotion, marketing campaign, survey or other website feature;
- to facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to a merger, acquisition or asset sale); and
- to comply with any applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Like many websites, we use “cookies” to collect, store or track information about your use of the Platform to help us understand your preferences based on previous or current Platform activity, which enables us to provide you with improved services. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to disable cookies or have your computer indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you disable cookies, some functionality of the Platform may not be available to you.
The security of your personal data is important to us and we have put in place technical and organisational security measures to prevent the loss or unauthorised access of your personal data. We will take all practicable steps to ensure (and procure data processors and other third parties engaged by us, if any) that your personal data is protected against unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use. Whilst we have used our best efforts to ensure the security of your data, please be aware that we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
All practicable steps will be taken to ensure that your personal data will not be kept (whether by us or by a data processor or other third parties engaged by us, if any) longer than necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes stated above.
- our staff;
- any person or company who is acting for us or on our behalf in respect of any of the purposes set out above or a directly related purpose including but not limited to any enterprises or providers of services on the Platform;
- our agents or professional advisers (whether ours or our agents’), including accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- any financial institutions, insurance institutions, credit card issuing companies, payment processors and facilitators, payment service providers necessary to support payments;
- our related companies and third party service providers who assist us in providing our services and/or who perform certain services on our behalf such as processing transactions, updating marketing lists, analysing data, and providing support services, including but not limited to background check and anti-money laundering service providers, cloud storage providers, marketing partners, marketing platform providers and data analytics providers. These external service providers will only have access to your personal data to the extent necessary to perform their functions; and
- government, regulatory authorities, law enforcement agencies and other organisations as required or authorised by applicable law.
Transfer of your personal data outside Singapore
Access and Correction of your personal data
You should ensure that all personal data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. We will take all practicable steps to maintain personal data at a reasonable level of accuracy and will rely on you to provide us with accurate and up-to-date personal data, and to inform us of any errors in or changes to such information.
We may use your personal data (including name, contact details (e.g. email address, correspondence address and mobile phone number)) to send you information and/or marketing and promotion materials about new features or new services posted on our Platform and/or promotional materials or offers made by us, our sponsors, our partners or third party suppliers by using mail, emails or telephone messages or calls etc. We may not use your personal data without your consent. If you agree to receive information on the above, you may check the relevant box in your account page or put a tick against the relevant items (by clicking the items) in “Settings” under your account page. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email our Customer Service Manager at email@example.com and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
You can contact us in order to find out what information we hold about you (please note that we may charge an administrative fee for such enquiries) or to access, cancel or correct any information that we hold about you. If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use your information, you may contact our Customer Service Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Personal Data Protection Policy and your use of the Platform shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore.
Last updated: [23/06/2020]