28 May How to find a tutor for your child
Being a working parent also means you do not have enough time to help your child’s learning. There are times that even though your child has been attending classes and doing homework diligently, she still seems to lack behind her peers. Worried, you begin to look for external help! So many choices out there on the internet, finding the right tutor is not as easy as it sounds! Especially when it comes to the education of our children, we are always more careful and meticulous. Here are some tips for you to find the right tutor for your child:
Understand your child’s needs before finding a tutor
- The learning style of your child: does she perform better in a 1-to-1 or group setting? Is she a visual, auditory, or kinesthetic learner?
- The areas of help your child needs: Speak with her school teachers to find out what she is not doing well and need help in.
- The attention span of your child: What duration is the most suitable for your child? The average attention span can be calculated with this: 2X to 5X min (X = age of child) e.g. a 5-year-old child will have the attention of 10 to 25 minutes.
Some other points to consider when finding a tutor
- Qualifications of the tutor
- Experience of the tutor
- The personality of the tutor
Where to find a tutor for your child?
- Word of mouth: Look within your own network and see if you have any friends or relatives who are a tutor or they can recommend someone who they have experience with.
- Tuition Center: If your child prefers a class setting, look out for a reputable tuition center around your neighbourhood, search online for reviews and drop by to chat with the center to see if it is a fit for your child’s learning.
- Tuition Agency: If your child prefers more personalised learning and are looking for a home tutor, you can look out for a tuition agency who can assist you with the requirements you have stated.
- Online Tuition Platform: With the rising popularity of remote learning and home-based learning, mainly due to the pandemic situation, lots of students are looking for online classes to continue their learning from home. Online learning has come with great benefits – no travelling needed, ensured safety, and targeted learning approach etc. Many reputable tuition centers and experienced tutors are also shifting their classes online! With the ease of connecting to a tutor with a click, be sure that there will be one to fit your child’s needs.
Looking for an online tutor?
Start your child’s online learning journey now on mysavvytutor! Look for a tutor online instantly on mysavvytutor by sending your questions and selecting the time you are most comfortable with.
Already have a home tutor but he/she can’t do home visits? Get your child’s tutor to meet online at mysavvytutor!